Winter can do a number on your car. Road salt can eat away at your car’s underbody and hail can put dents in the hood. So with spring officially here and summer on the way, it’s a good idea to give your car some TLC to undo winter’s damage.
To help you shake off winter and get your car in shape for the warmer weather, here are five things you can do to get your car ready for summer.
- Wash your car’s underbody. During the winter months, your car drives through mud, slush, salt, and grime. This grime can build up in your car’s underbody over time can cause corrosion, which can lead to rust problems. You can wash your car’s underbody at the local car wash. You don’t need to use soap or any other cleaner, just water. It’s recommended to use a car jack to raise your car up for a more thorough cleaning.
- Clean around the edges. Salt and grime can also damage your vehicle’s paint job. Scrub along the bottom of your car’s doors and window channels to preserve your paint and keep rust at bay. You can also use a steam cleaner to remove the salt and grime from the inside of the car, too. Without proper cleaning, the salt can break down the fabrics in your car.
- Replace your wiper blades. Your car’s wiper blades take a beating during the winter months wicking away rain, sleet, snow, and hail. It’s recommended to replace your wiper blades every spring and fall to keep them in good shape.
- Check your tire pressure. Cold weather can cause your car’s tires to become underinflated. Check your tire pressure and give your tires some more air if necessary. Inspect your tires to make sure they’re wearing evenly and that they have enough tread.
- Repair any dents. Hail can dent the body of your car and increase the risk of corrosion. Paintless dent repair techniques and fix this problem and leave your car looking great for the summer.
Are you in need of a small dent repair?
Hail damage can be a major pain in the neck. But the good news is that 80% to 90% of dents can be repaired using paintless dent repair techniques, according to experts.
If you need small dent repair or hail damage repair, Dent Shop has got your back. Our PDR dent removal can have your car looking good as new again within two hours. To learn more about paintless dent removal for small dent repairs, contact Dent Shop today.